Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Homemade Harvest 2013

Just when I thought my year can't get any better, you have helped make this weekend one of the most successful Homemade Harvest Open House ever.  Shukran shukran shukran.

 
Attendance was fantastic this year because so many of you brought others!  We had husbands, mothers, fathers, kids, and of course babies, oh so many babies!  (I want to now apologize to those that had to wait to pay while I was getting my baby fix in.) 


I love the sense of community this gathering has turned into.  Plus with extra people, there was less food to deal with at the end of the day, so shukran on behalf of the landfills too.

We even had a neighbor that stopped by on her walk, just from seeing our HH sign outside our lavendar house.  This was a first for this event and maybe an indication that more signs need to be purchased.  It was lovely to meet her and I look forward to getting to know her better in the future.

The best part about the Homemade Harvest is that, except for a small percentage taken out to help pitch in to pay for the food and a few other small things, the women you talked to on Saturday received all the money for their hard earned work.  You can pat yourself on the back for buying from the source of all that unique goodness you now own.

Kudos to Kayce for letting me borrow her baskets to use for the show!

If you enjoyed Handmade Harvest and want to support handmade in the future, please put November 8th, 2014 on your calendar.  I'll have another batch of returning and new vendors to get to know and support.

Even better, if you know of someone that wants to vend, or attend, please let me know: ACraftyArab at gmail dot com.  I always welcome feedback about the event.

Thank you to our vendors this year:
Natural Goodness Skin
Navanka Creations
re.Served
Thea Starr
Vanilla Bean Treats

Please continue to support them!  And if you want to see more amazing handmade artists, be sure to visit Zibbet and stop by my shop. :)

And last but certainly never least in my heart, my own daughters also sold at the show.  However, since they made a decision to go see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs II, instead of selling, I was not able to take a photo of them.  Their new business is called Las Kuhns Clay and More.  Next year they will take a vote, depending on the movie, to see who stays in hopes of increasing sales to 4 items.


Shukran again to everyone that came, here are some highlight photos.

Victoria from Natural Goodness Skin

Amrita from Navanka Creations
 
Victoria from re.Served (without her lovely mom Beth)
 
Thea from Thea Starr
 
 
Another view of Della's table earlier in the day when it still had product on it!
 
Squeeeel, Thea signed my book.  I wonder how many millions I can get for it now? :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment