Monday, November 18, 2013

Arabesque Scrabble Tiles with Cord Necklace Tutorial

The brick and mortar store in Pike Place Market, Ventures, that sells a few of my fun things for Seattle tourists, is low on my Arabesque Scrabble Tiles, so I made more!

This is the way I used to package them for my customers: 

But Ventures has requested that I change out the ball necklaces for cord necklaces.  So I get to spend my day making them!

I thought it might be fun if you got to see the process.

You'll need 
Scissors
Jewelry pliers
Cord
2 Cord end caps
6 Rings
1 Clasp

Cut the cord at 18 inches.

Add end cap to cord end.

Attach five rings to end cap

Add scrabble tile.  Note: my bail cord openings are too small to go over the rings and clasps, that is why I add them now.  If your pendent opening is bigger then your closure, you can slip it on after.

Add end cap to cord, attach one ring and clasp.

Your cord is done.  Feel free to come over and help make the 27 more I need. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment