Monday, October 31, 2016

Homemade Harvest 2016 Artist - Yolande Mélékian

Today we meet artist Yolande Mélékian, who is new to Homemade Harvest. I am looking forward to meeting her and seeing her beautiful handmade items in person.

Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I’m a French artist, have been leaving in the northwest for 3 years. I started as a social worker in Paris, helping families in need to see through there life changes. I later created my own career counseling business.  After moving to the US I decided to follow my dreams and live my passion


What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?

My creation are usually inspire par seasonal theme, must specific I get inspire by materiel itself. When I found a fabric I instincly see what I what to do. My children inspire me to create fiction of character costume.


Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?.
I’m a autodidact I like to learn for myself and experiment new approach to creativity. I like to think of mistakes are new opportunities to full my creativity.




What other passions do you have in your life?
My other passion include dance, swimming,cooking french desert. But onlymy true  passion is to spend time with my kids and watch them growing.


How do you promote your work?

I promote my work through events, selling in French boutiques and by word of mouth.


In the future I’d like to be…
traveling around the world to find new inspiration for my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment