Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Homemade Harvest 2016 Artist - Julia’s Charming Creations



Homemade Harvest is less then a month away, so I thought it would be a great time to introduce the artists that will be vending this year.

We start with Julia of Julia’s Charming Creations.  She will be selling bookmark charms.  Here is an adorable photo of one of her dogs, on the computer looking busy answering customer email.

Homemade Harvest has always been known for having a very low entrance fee to vend (all vendors put in 10% of their sales to cover the food and no other fees apply) and Julia has decided she will be donating the rest of the money she makes that day. All. of. it.  How generous is that?  Please come help her and her cause at our pop up show.

Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I’ve lived with my husband in our little old cottage style house on Education Hill since 1983.  I’ve led a fulfilling life that has encompassed travel to incredible lands.  I’ve had a variety of interesting and fun jobs.  I am now enjoying retirement, especially being outside and on hikes with our three dogs.


What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
I love to make my bookmarks/window charms/decorations so that I can raise money to donate to animals in need at People Saving Animals.

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
I have enormous admiration for a friend named Vivian Goldbloom.  She has devoted her life to saving animals and a few years ago opened Emerald City Pet Rescue in Seattle.  She has a heart of gold and has saved thousands of animals over the years.  She is not at all judgmental of people, does not gossip and is a lot of fun to spend time with.  I got to know her as I have two dogs that Emerald City Pet Rescue saved.

What other passions do you have in your life?
My main passion is nature and its wildlife.  I have built our yard to be a bird sanctuary and love creating outside among the many different bird species that visit.  I adore dogs and have done so I’m sure, since I came out of the womb!

How do you promote your work?
My bookmark creations are a hobby and Ann, the owner of McDonald’s Book Exchange in Redmond, has kindly allowed me to display them at her store for no charge. This allows me to donate all my earnings to such a great cause.


In the future I’d like to be…
I think I would like to live in an adobe house in New Mexico as I love the sun and it would be wonderful to try a completely different way of life. Unfortunately my husband is not on the same page with this idea!

Be sure to follow this blog for our next interview. And check out the Facebook page for more information on Homemade Harvest 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment