Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Homemade Harvest 2016 Artist - Navanka Creations


I'm excited to talk about today's artist that will be vending at Homemade Harvest because she is a returning artist that you will be familiar with: Amrita of Navanka Creations.

She was at our 2014 pop-up and her handmade quilled ornaments sold out!  A majority of them are one of a kind, so I suggest you get there around noon if you missed out on a favorite last time.



Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?

I am a work at home mom and live with my husband and two sons in Redmond, WA. My elder one is almost seven and younger one is two and half years old.

I co-own Navanka Creations with my sister Nimisha who lives in Chicago, IL. We have two shops on ETSY where we sell our Paper Quilling and Felt creations.

 “Paper Treasures” by Navanka Creations offers unique, handmade Paper Quilling Ornaments, Keepsakes and home décor items like Wall Art, Coasters and Custom Typography Art.

Felt Treasures” by Navanka Creations is a collection of handmade and heartfelt items made using felt. Our Felt Treasures include Hair accessories, Ornaments, Home Decor items and Keepsakes.

With my growing kids and working for two Etsy shops, I rarely get time to do anything else these days. Listening to music and reading books are my favorite activities to unwind after a long day.



What inspires you to do the kind of work you do? 

 Creating gives me immense satisfaction. I grew up in India and lot of my work is inspired by the local art and vibrant colors of India. I love to be part of special moments in lives of our customers. When my work is well received by the customers, it inspires me and keeps me going.



Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why? 

I look up to my parents for the amazing people they are. I am inspired by the hard work, sincerity and love with which they raised me and my siblings. We were always encouraged to do what we love and strive to be the best in whatever we did. As an artist I love the work of Yulia Brodskaya. I really admire the way she combined her Graphic Design education with Paper Quilling art to create her unique style and earned an international reputation as a paper craft artist and illustrator.



What other passions do you have in your life? 

 I am passionate about my family and my work. Making art and craft with children brings me great joy. I love to take photographs and hope to carve out some time and learn its technical aspects.




How do you promote your work? 

At present we promote our work mostly using social media.
Our Facebook Pages:
Our Blogs:



In the future I’d like to be… 

I would like to keep growing as an artist and entrepreneur. I would love to be able to give back by raising money for charitable causes for children. I wish to open a Craft Academy where people of all age can come and learn various crafts and engage in creativity. I would also love to write a book on paper crafts someday.

Be sure to save November 12th on your calendar and stop by to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment