Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happy Diwali 2014

Diwali is well known in our neighborhood because we are lucky enough to live with Indian neighbors. We always know when the holiday is because they put out beautiful white sting lights on the outside of their homes. A few even light small fireworks in celebration.

When I saw the lights go on last night, I wanted to celebrate with them, so I made chicken curry, palak paneer (with the cheese pre-grilled, natch), rice, and naan bread for dinner tonight. 


I was also fortunate enough to have a caped crusader stop by on her whirlwind tour to make me dessert.  Because moons and stars light up our night, get it?


We spent our meal talking about Diwali and how important it was to celebrate all cultures.  We emphasized that by understanding our neighbor's traditions we make our world smaller. 

Happy Diwali!

No comments:

Post a Comment