Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Weekly Cleaning Schedule to Start the New Year off right

So here we are, all of two days into 2013 and I'm so excited that I can scream. 2013 is going to be the best year yet, I just feel it in my bones. With the death of my father and my youngest now fully submerged into Kindergarten, I felt that last year was full of losses. As if losing a loving parent isn't enough, my baby left me with the big bad cruel world to fend for myself.

But this year I'm on track with my business (I'm figuring out Quicken!), my health (I'm back on track with the workouts) and I've learned to better say no to the millions of volunteer asks I get. I’m also back on track with my housework. I used to have someone come in twice a week to help out, but she moved back to Mexico and I've never been able to find someone else that I like just as much in the two years she's been gone.

My dear friend Kristi gave me this cleaning schedule last year and it has been a life saver for me. I use it all the time and it has cut my house work load by a ton. Instead of feeling overwhelmed in the morning by the amount of cleaning, job tasks, kids, meals, and the 15 other directions I'm pulled in every day, I simply look at this sheet and get done what I need to get done first thing in the morning.  And no matter what happens the rest of the day, I've at least accomplished one thing. I hope this list can help you out also.


Monday - Bathrooms

Weekly - Sweep & mop floors. Disinfect toilets, sink, tub. Empty the trash. Clean mirror.

Focus Cleaning:

Week 1 - Wash shower curtain.

Week 2 - Wash trashcan.

Week 3 - Wash windows.

Week 4 - Dust/spot clean walls. Clean light fixtures.



Tuesday - Living room /Family room / Playroom

Weekly - Dust & Vacuum

Focus Cleaning:

Week 1 – Wash windows, declutter toy basket.

Week 2 -  Spot clean & dust walls.

Week 3 – Clean out light fixtures. Wash mini blinds.

Week 4 – Dust & vacuum behind/under furniture. Vacuum upholstery.


Wednesday – Kitchen (pantry) & Dining room

Weekly – Mop. Clean microwave / toaster oven.  Scrub/disinfect sink & counters.  Wipe appliances.

Focus Cleaning:

Week 1 – Clean cabinet doors & fridge.

Week 2 – Spot clean & dust walls.

Week 3 - Wash windows. Disinfect dishwasher

Week 4 – Clean light fixtures.


Thursday – Laundry room & Hallway / Entryway

Weekly -  Sweep & mop. Wipe down counters. Vacuum stairs.

Focus Cleaning:

Week 1 – Dust & spot clean walls.

Week 2 – Wash windows.

Week 3 – Declutter hall closet.

Week 4 -  Declutter laundry room.


Friday - Bedrooms

Weekly – Dust. Change sheets. Sweep/vacuum.

Focus Cleaning:

Week 1 – Tidy closets.

Week 2 – Wash windows

Week 3 – Clean light fixtures. Dust & spot clean walls.

Week 4 – Tidy closets.



Saturday/Sunday: Outside / House projects.

Weekly: Tidy / sweep front porch. Clean out car.



No comments:

Post a Comment