Tuesday, June 2, 2015

2nd Grade Art Lesson: Final Whimsical Clay Castles

Today is the big day in our 2nd grade class because the kids are going to be getting their whimsical clay castles!  Followers of the blog have seen us make them, and glaze them.  Today is the big day as I got to open the kiln* and see them finished.

(*Side note - If I had to be truthful, I'd say today was actually the second day I opened the kiln because it had to be turned on twice. I had turned it on too low and it didn't fire to the right temperature the first time. When all else fails, reread the manual and call Seattle Pottery Supply at crazy hours!)
 
Our school kiln with it's goodies waiting for us!
 
Here the first look into the kiln when it was opened.  It's always so excited to see everything in color, and more importantly nothing exploded or stuck to a kiln shelf. Yeah!
 
We took them out carefully, one by one, and wrapped them up to give to the kids. I am praying they survived the trips home in (relatively) one piece.
 
 
Now, without future ado, here are all the castle gate and crenel masterpieces from each one of the 2nd grade professional artists I had the privilege of teaching this year:
 
Jack

Carson

Sandhya


Irina

Nic

Eric

Brian

Praveen

Enzo

Anoush

Mireya

Ibrahim



Abbi

Amira


Caroline

Arianna

Alexa

Armaan

Soham

Eric M.

Thayles

Evie

Srihit
 I really hope they keep drawing, cutting, gluing, coloring, and building more art over the summer so they don't forgot their seven elements of art: Color Form Line Shape Space Texture Value

No comments:

Post a Comment