Friday, January 24, 2014

Women of the Middle East Recap

Yesterday was the Women of the Middle East Festival at Edmonds Community College and I was asked to present my products in a booth. 

Here are some photos of the booth area taken from upstairs:

Can you spot my booth?

There were so many students all day

Sorry this one turned out blurry


Light lunch catered by Falafel King of Seattle ...
http://falafelkingseattle.com


The EDCC volunteer models waiting to start
the fashion show by Boutique Al Firdaws

This is only the second time that I have used my grid wall that I purchased last summer.  As a loyal reader, I'm sure you recall that I mentioned I received the grid wall with only a few t-shirt racks and a handful of hooks.

Last November, as I was coming back from an event in Issaquah, I happened to pass a sign for the Vasa Park Christmas Craft Show and decided to stop to take a look around.  It was a wonderful show full of some really unique items.

While there, I happened to come upon Erika Somogyari's booth Rainbow of the Heart.  I noticed that she used the t-shirt racks as scarf holders.  I stopped to comment on her unique use of the racks and told her that I had just gotten a grid wall with a bunch of those that I don't need.  I also mentioned that I wish my grid wall had come with shelves, as that is what I really need.  She mentioned that she has extra shelves she has never used and wished she had more t-shirt racks.

Boom.

A trade was made right there on the stop.  I gave her my tshirt racks that were in the car already, and on Tuesday I went to go pick up my new shelves.

I think they turned out so fantastic.  And the best part was that we both filled a need in each other's lives.  I love my fellow crafters!

A Crafty Arab grid wall with new shelves

No comments:

Post a Comment