Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baba

My father passed away yesterday at the young age of 69.

Since 2003 he has been fighting cancer that started in his lungs, moved on to his brain, and returned to stay in his lungs. He was funny, loving, caring and I will miss him dearly. While I am sad that he is gone, I can take solace in knowing he got to visit his beloved Libya after being away from it for more then 30 years. And for all his fighting in the revolution, I am happy he got to see the removal of Gaddafi while he was in Libya. I am so proud to be his daughter.

As my brother lovely said the other day: If I was twice as awesome as I am, I still wouldn't be half as awesome as dad!


Please make du'a for my family to pass this difficult time.

4 comments:

Foz said...
Inna Lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioon.

So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my duas
Connie Mitan said...
I may not know of the traditions you hold for the passing of a loved one, but I will certainly light a candle for your father's memory and to send healing and comforting thoughts to your family. It's the least I can do.
~Sunfire
Sandra's Fiberworks said...
So sorry. Only reading this now. My own dad died years ago, but I can close my eyes and envision him as if he were still just in the next room. My heart goes out to you.
julietcaesar said...
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be making dua for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment