Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Homemade Harvest 2014 Artist - Scarf City

Today we get to know Roz from Scarf City, one of the artists that will be selling this upcoming weekend.  Roz and I have known each other for years, having met at a craft show put on by Seattle Handmade in SoDo. We have also done booths at Punk Rock Flea Market, I Heart Rummage, and a few others together.

Roz was an artist at the 2012 Homemade Harvest and I'm so happy to have her (and Smigel!) return this year.

---

Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
Aside from knitting and crocheting accessories I am also a Communications Manager at a non-profit in Seattle. I handle all media and public relations and the bulk of the writing for Washington Community Action Network.

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
Fashion! I love being a fashionista and adding stylish pieces to my wardrobe and helping others do the same.

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?.
My Grandmother. She taught me to crochet when I was 10 years old and could crochet a whole garment in minutes (just kidding)

What other passions do you have in your life?
Smigel --- my ChiPomPeke

How do you promote your work?
I don’t …it’s sad really, but I don’t have the time or energy.

In the future I’d like to be…
Someone who can focus enough to finish a long-term project in the smallest amount of time possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment