Monday, November 19, 2012

Omees Boutique Interview


Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I am stay at home mom to an year old beautiful baby girl. Bubu is her pet name. I can't survive without something to keep my hands busy, so I sew when I can, when my baby is napping and my husband is busy at work.

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
Since being a mom, I was never able to find anything that worked well for both me and my baby. So I began to make my own handmade products that everyone else also loved. My aim is to provide mothers alike the choice of cute and functional, one a kind accessories both for themselves and their baby.

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
My mom is my biggest inspiration. I learnt all my basic skills from her. I wish to become like my mom inshallah.

What other passions do you have in your life?
I love to cook, and also photograph. I am also the author of the food blog 'zaiqa.net'

How do you promote your work?
I have a facebook page where I post about my handmade items - www.facebook.com/OmeesBoutique

In the future I’d like to be…
successful etsy shop owner inshallah. This will give the flexibility to work from my home, at my convenience, being close to my baby all the time inshallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment