Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Arab American Poem from Book Spines

April is Poetry Month! Our local library is having a contest and is asking everyone to create an original poem made up entirely of book spines.

I looked on my book spines at home and created this poem made up of Arab American fiction and poetry books.  My daughters have also gotten excited about this contest and want to create their own poems.  Unfortunately the library only takes teen submissions, but I'm going to encourage them to create them anyway.  I can't wait to see what they come up with also!

Origins

Scheherazade's Legacy
A Map of Home
Once in a Promised Land
And Not Surrender
Back of the Throat
The Language of Baklava
Wrapping the Grapeleaves

In the Country of Men
Dinarzad's  Children
Never in a Hurry
For Sides of the Only World
A Different Path
Rest in Love

In the Country of My Dreams
A Border Passage
Before Our Eyes
Sadness of Others
Through and Through
Holy Surprise of Right Now
Space Between Our Footsteps
The Lives of Rain



No comments:

Post a Comment