Friday, February 17, 2012

Juliet Caeser Interview


Tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm a married graduate student and I love working with my hands and being creative. When I'm working at my desk, singing along with Turkish music, I feel at peace. I absolutely love to travel and I adore experiencing new things.

Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I'm currently researching and writing my graduate thesis. It requires a lot of patience!

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
Istanbul inspires me so. Some of my fondest memories are from Istanbul, and I am constantly looking for ways to utilize images from Istanbul in my art. Another source of inspiration, one that is very personal to me, is traditional Uyghur art from the Xinjiang region of China (sometimes referred to as East Turkestan).

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
I look up to my father most of all, but in terms of public figures, I'm inspired by Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of the democratic movement in Burma/Myanmar. She has lived her life according to her convictions and has never wavered in her commitment to peace, though she has suffered greatly for it.

What other passions do you have in your life?
I absolutely love baking and learning other languages. I often listen to foreign language news programs when I'm carving my stamps. I find it absolutely blissful!

How do you promote your work?
I have a facebook page and I'm hoping to get Twitter and Pinterest accounts set up soon! Right now I'm selling my stamps and cards in my Etsy shop.
In the future I’d like to be…
Respected by my friends and family and known as a woman of integrity. :) Professionally, I'd like to be doing something that lets me put my creativity to use helping others, inşallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment