Monday, September 26, 2011

Knitella Interview


Tell us a bit about yourself?
I am a university student, and when I have free time I LOVE to Knit! :D Never took it seriously till the beginning of this summer when a friend of mine introduced me to Etsy and I opened up a shop called Knitella2011 !

Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I read.. I network.. I cook.. but creating and designing is what I mostly do because it's my hobby and my field of study!

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
The yarn itself.. when I go to a yarn shop and TOUCH the yarn and look at all the different choices ideas just jump around, and I start knitting them. Sometimes, I see random things like if I see someone in the street with a color popping, I just make a note to make something with a similar color..inspiration is all around.. *al7amdulilah*

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
I mainly love creative people with unique ideas because they inspire me to achieve and to produce.. there are too many to list!

What other passions do you have in your life?
1- I like making people happy, and pushing them to reach their goals.
2- Interior Design: creating beautiful spaces is what I want to do!
3- Teaching

How do you promote your work?
Facebook, twitter, etsy teams, craft fairs, and *praying*

In the future I’d like to be…a successful design professor *inshallah*

No comments:

Post a Comment