Saturday, June 4, 2011

Punk Rock Flea Market 2011


This is my third year vending at the Punk Rock Flea Market and it just keeps getting better and better. This year started with an email from the PRFM awesomest organizer, Josh Okrent, who does such a great job getting everyone taken care of for the event. I applied right away since this is one of my favorite shows of the year. To help keep table fees down, and have someone watch your stuff when you go to the bathroom, I again asked around for a table mate. I was fortunete enough to find Lori who makes jewelry, knits and prints. Her work was really gorgeous and very high quality.

It turned out to be a beautiful day with blue skies and a high in the mid 70s, which is shocking considering that it's been wet and miserable all week long. The first year I vended, I was inside right next to the stairs, but the last two years, I’ve asked to be outside. I don’t own a canopy and always take my chances that there will be no rain for the day.

I had friends visit: Roz with her doggie that smelled good from an earlier bath, my brother from a different mother, Sean came with his friend Casey, who brought me my favorite soap and Rebecca came by with her family and shared some good sounding laughs over cards. Oh, there was music too! Tuba players with a Russian band, a sweet sounding mbira player that wandered the aisles and bluegrass ballads from a soulful banjo. And what PRFM isn't complete without the smells of food? We had ice cream, Kimchee, rice and beans, hot dogs, cupcakes and hamburgers to temp our taste buds.

What a sweet way to start (to me) the first official craft show of the season. Hope you can come out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment