Saturday, November 7, 2015

Homemade Harvest 2014 Artist - Thea Starr

Homemade Harvest 2014 is tomorrow.

If you are a returning guest, you might recognize today's artist, Thea Starr, from last year.  She'll be bringing some new products and you'll want to see them in person to believe how gorgeous they are!
---

Tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm a native Washingtonian - born and raised on Whidbey Island. I've been a "mainlander" for almost 16 years and I am still getting used it. Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do? My whole life is one big creative whirlwind. I run two businesses out of my home studio. I also raise an assortment of my six children from my blended family in said home. My eldest is a sophomore in college so I'm slowly turning them out. It's always entertaining and messy as you can imagine.

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
I am inspired to give old fabrics new lives and share a bit of my ancestor's heritage with others. We live in such an amazing diverse community I love embracing the melting pot we live in.

Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
It's completely cliche' but I've long been on Team Martha Stewart. That's all that needs to be said, that woman is an amazing business woman. #martha

What other passions do you have in your life?
I love keeping my organic vegetable garden. I managed to grow my own sugar pumpkins this year. I don't have time for much these days as I've recently started a new home decor business. 6 by 6 Arts, LLC - John Bronleewe and Thea Starr. Laser cut goods made in the Pacific Northwest. Laser services - cutting, engraving, readymade and custom design.

How do you promote your work?
Over the years most of my business has been from word of mouth.

In the future I’d like to be…
An old granny harassing my children and leaving empty food wrappers in THEIR cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment