Thursday, November 20, 2014

Goodbye Arab Artists Resouces & Training

As my A Crafty Arab business has grown (Alhamdulillah), I'm finding myself with less and less time to do other pet projects of mine.

One that has fallen off the waste side has been Arab Artists Resources and Training. I started this non-profit organization back in June of 2001 as a way to connect Arab artists with museums and galleries.  I received a substantial grant from the New York Ford Foundation and Doha Qatar Foundation to publish a resource guide of Arab artists around the globe.

Then along came the internet.

Suddenly no one wanted to buy a physical book, everything moved online.  I spent months putting all the information on the world wide web for free.  I even added a database of grants and job opportunities available to Arab artists.

But I just couldn't keep up with this project, my master's degree, starting a family of three girls and now my full time business.  So, after two attempts at hiring web companies to keep the website spam free, I've decided to throw in the towel.

I'll try my best to add the database to my Pinterest boards, this one for painters and sculptors, one for writers, and this one for entertainers. If you think of others, let me know.

I hope you all wish me luck in mailing my last tax forms to the IRS.  I've decided to send a little joy by adding Eid sheep tape on the back.
Goodbye Arab Artists Resources & Training
All monies from AART is being sent to other nonprofit organizations doing good in our world.  More details about this later with everything is confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment