Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Homemade Harvest 2013 Artist - re.Served

Continuing our exploration of the fantastic vendors that will be selling at the 7the Annual Homemade Harvest Open House, today we talk to another Victoria, this time from re.Served.  I am so excited to see her wares in person on Saturday.  Plus I just found out that she can do personalizing!  Her beautiful items might make a wonderful Eid or Diwali or Hannukah gift for those of us that aren't represented well in the holiday gift guides.

Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I am a stay-at-home mom to Bella (age almost-7) and Nilah (age 3).I try to volunteer as much as I can in their classrooms, but this little business makes it tough to commit regularly. Nilah is home Tue/Thurs and only goes to school until 1:30 the other three days of the week. So aside from being a stay-at-home mom and small business owner, I DRIVE. A lot.

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
Trends, beautiful designs, style niches that have room for my ideas.  But I am mostly inspired by the customers who like and buy my stuff.  I've gotten some of my best ideas from customers.  And if they give me a winning idea that ends up in my shop on Etsy, I name the line after them.
Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
I look up to many people, friends and family and public figures.  But I would say the person who impacts me the most in regards to my business is my husband.  He is a hard worker, extremely smart and beautifully humble.  He is Brazilian and was educated in Porto Alegre receiving master's degrees in things I can't begin to understand.  We met in Michigan at a tech job and eventually moved to Seattle after he survived the terrifying Amazon interview process.  He's always investing in our future and is wise about money, selfless with us, and constantly looking for that one idea that will change lives for the better.  I am so impressed with him on a daily basis.  Did I mention he's incredibly hot?

What other passions do you have in your life?
I'm passionate about family.  Passionate about making a better world for my children.  Passionate about teaching my children how to be kind humans full of empathy and selfless to a fault.  I'm passionate about writing and creating and wish I could spend my days lost in a cloud of creativity.


How do you promote your work?
I don't spend a lot on this business.  By nature of the business (reclaiming and repurposing unwanted items), cost savings and sustainable resourcing are key aspects to making this both a business and conceptual success.  So I rely solely on social networking for any promotions.  You can find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest with some occasional Twitter posts thrown in for good measure.


In the future I’d like to be…
Financially independent, healthy and traveling the world with my husband.  Oh, and with spare time to write That Novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment