Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Little Monsters

Once upon a time, ten years ago, a monster came to live in our house. Then, 16 months after that, a second monster came to live with us. And finally, five years ago, a last monster snuck into our house. These monsters, while cute, ate our food, made us buy them toys, and worse of all, took over our bathroom. I no longer had a tub to soak in because these monsters would leave their clothes, wash cloths and toys all over my sacred space. After they abused my tub to its full extent, they would get into deceptive princesses nightgowns to trick us into giving them good night kisses, and then ceremoniously, leave their wet skin on my floor.

So yesterday, I had had enough of these three wild monsters. I found a kitchen sign at my local Goodwill, took off the hideous CAFE sign on the top, sanded it down, and painted it green to match the colour of the monsters’ own bathroom that gathers dust. I wrote each monster's name over her hook (in Arabic, naturally), and added squares around the sign to match the wallpater border that is in the bathroom already.

Now after they take a bath, my monsters can leave their wet skins in their own bathroom.

And we lived happily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment