Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Homemade Harvest 2016 Artist - Northwest Suds

I'm trilled to talk about today's vending artist at Homemade Harvest because she is a returning artist that you will be familiar with from last year: Natalya of Northwest Suds



Tell us a bit about yourself? Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?

I am a wife and a mother of 2 grown-up daughters. I am also a bioengineer, working in medical device industry. My responsibility is assuring that the medial devices are clean, sterile and non-toxic when they reach patients.  So my work is all about cleaning – and so is my hobby.


What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
To some extent - my family and friends who like to use my soaps and see benefits. But overall I like homemade soaps for no particular reason.



Do you look up to anyone? Who? Why?
To Mother Nature. With billions of years of evolution under its belt, it is way more simple and way more complex than anything a human would ever make. In nature everything is interconnected and has purpose. Things are practical, yet beautiful. That is what I would like my soaps to be. 



What other passions do you have in your life?
Walking outside, hiking. I prefer to spend time outdoors, and like moving. If I am not working, eating, sleeping, showering or making soaps – I am most likely walking somewhere outdoors.  



How do you promote your work?
I do not really promote it. It is mostly word of mouth. I give soaps to family, friends or neighbors. If they like it – they promote my soaps for me, I do not even have to ask.



In the future I’d like to be…
Myself. Same as today. Maybe wiser, but not a day older. Maybe a better photographer (but I said that last year, didn’t I? :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment