Wednesday, December 9, 2015

With A Spin Interview

Over the years I have interviewed many artists of MuslimTeam on Etsy.  As team captain, I have tried to promote my members to new audiences in hopes of bringing more awareness of our small group to the general public.


We have had a new addition, Lail from With a Spin. I had the honor of meeting Lail recently when she was visiting the Seattle area. She gifted me a small cookie cutter set and I'm looking forward to using them in our next 30 Day Ramadan Crafty Challenge.
With A Spin

Tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m Lail, a Muslim mom, wife, sister, daughter, niece, and a friend. I traded my globe trotting hi-tech management profession and founded WithASpin, LLC - a lifestyle portal, design house and eCommerce platform with inspirations, ideas and unique products to help celebrate everyday life.
With A Spin Interview - A Crafty Arab

Apart from being ‘creative’ what do you do?
I was in the IT field for 14+ years before becoming an entrepreneur. So when I am not designing, sketching or thinking of new products or taking photographs, I am usually writing some code to improve the With A Spin site. There’s a ton of updates I need to do with the site but so little time. Otherwise, most of my days I am a committed lover of family, creativity, and nature. My days are surrounded by family activity and spending time with my daughter, outdoors and indoors.
With A Spin Interview - A Crafty Arab

What inspires you to do the kind of work you do?
My inspiration is two fold – The love of my deen and my daughter. I am inspired by a passion for creativity and love for Islamic art and culture. I am committed to spread the love of our deen and be a force for kindness to counter attack Islamophobia and promote an intercultural and interfaith understanding. My daughter also constantly inspires me to work harder so she doesn’t have to grow up and live in a world with so much hatred for Islam. None of us in our sane mind want our kids to grow up in a world full of hate, right?
With A Spin Interview - A Crafty Arab

What other passions do you have in your life?
I love to paint when I have the time. I’m also a dreamer who dreams of a hate free, hunger free world. I do my part my donating 20% net proceed from my sales to charity.
With A Spin Interview - A Crafty Arab

How do you promote your work?
Mostly through personal connections and social media. Feel free to stop by and say salam/hello on my own website or Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
With A Spin Interview - A Crafty Arab
In the future I’d like to be…
A premier online destination for affordable, unique, practical modern lifestyle products inspired by Islamic heritage and world style. A brand that will not only carry a positive image but also showcase the beauty of Islam by helping celebrate everyday life with food, family and creativity.

To support more MuslimTeam on Etsy members, please read their interviews -
Haute Sugary Interview
JanLuc Designs Interview
Little Smiles Boutique Interview
Omees Boutique Interview
Designer Cottage Interview
Juliet Caeser Interview
QasiMadHandicrafts Interview
Katie Miranda Studios Interview
Knitella Interview
Firyuza Interview
My Islamic Life interview

No comments:

Post a Comment