Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quilled D with Husking

I'm so excited that my quilling class at Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames is this Thursday. When I went into the store last week, to check on sign-ups, I was told that the Quilled B I made for display was a huge hit. Since I am one person short for the class sign-ups, I needed to do more to draw attention to the class.

So I took another letter (D!) and brought it home. This one they are going to display at the front of the store. For this letter I decided to do the quilling strips in one colour (lavender) and painted the letter itself bright yellow to stand out on the shelves. The flowers are in a new method that I've never done before called Husking. While it uses the same paper as quilling, it uses cork and sewing pins for the technique. And if you sign up for my class on Thursday, I'll show you how to do it!

Quilled D

Close up of Husking

No comments:

Post a Comment